Post Cards from Bratislava

If you are like me, you may have to look up Bratislava as the world map has changed so much since I was a child.  I didn't really know where it was when my girlfriend suggested we go there.  It is in Slovakia.  Where is Slovakia?  It is nestled between Austria and Hungry.  It was once apart of Czechoslavakia but now that country is divided into two Slovakia and the Czech Republic.  Outside of the language difference, you may not see a clear difference between Austria and Slovakia they are very similar; however, you can also feel the influence of Hungry upon this culture.  We only spend a day in this country as we had used some of our time to extend our stay in Vienna, but also I had left my medications in Vienna, so we had to run back to get them.  Bratislava is only 45 minutes east of Vienna.










Comments

Mascha said…
Nice pictures from Bratislava, Slovakia. Strolliung through your blog I see: you had a great travel :-)
I'm living more in the north, Saxony-Anhalt...
The drama of the refugees is the big issue here at the moment. But I have reasons not to write about it in my blog. There are a lot of hatred, just on the Internet and also in little towns like ours.
I prefer to live a real lives and help, if it is possible. See, what will comes.
Greetings from Germany
Nyla said…
I wanted to visit Bratislava when I was in Vienna last year but ran out of time! It was so easy on the train that I completely regret that I didn't do it. Thanks for the photo tour though!
Heather said…
Looks beautiful! Much prettier than it is portrayed in Euro Trip! (If you've not seen that movie, I recommend it. It's VERY low brow, but I thought it was hilarious. Of course, I have the sense of humor of a 13 year old boy :-)
Jill Harrison said…
thank you for this great little travelog of pictures. I really enjoyed stopping by. The sculpture of the man coming out of the side of the street is so well done. Happy travels and thank you so much for stopping by my blog this week.
betty-NZ said…
This looks like a place with much variety to see. I especially like the man in the 4th shot.
Anonymous said…
Beautiful photos! I love the one of the sculpture of the man climbing out of the pavement :-)
Buckeroomama said…
Thanks for sharing bits of Bratislava. Haha, it just so happens that Z is having a unit on geography, so I knew where Bratislava is.
Francesca said…
it was a quick trip, but you got to see so many things and places!

Popular Posts