Sunday Dinner at Jane's







 


The table was laden with potato salad, sweet summer corn, Caesar salad, baked Haddock, hamburgers, and hotdogs along with a variety of desserts that were not missed by the children.  The children played out in the backyard and one would hardly have known they were there.  The men watched baseball in the TV room and talked of fishing in Maine.  We talked how we missed Emma who was off playing softball in another city, my father who was at a high school reunion, or Ted, Anya, and their gang who have recently moved to Connecticut which isn't too far away, but due to the traffic made it impossible for us to join us.  Like the sunset, no one wanted to say goodbye.  I wish that we didn't live so far away from my family, but I am so grateful for the opportunity that we did get to see them. I do not take it lightly.  I am grateful that my children are now having the opportunity to build bonds with their extended family and pray that they will continue to have a relationship with one another when they grow up.

Comments

Buckeroomama said…
I know... it's kinda sad that cousins live so far apart, but I am grateful for the once-a-year get-togethers we have during the summer.

Popular Posts