I love Sundays! "Sunday Snapshot"

Hi! How are you? Did you have a great weekend? I did! On Friday night I participated in a craft evening at my church. It was so much fun! I made the cutest wooden pumpkins. Then after soccer and birthday parties Winston and I went to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 with his friend Matthew and his mom Charlene. I was so tired that I fell asleep through half the movie.  Thankfully, no one noticed.  Yesterday I made this yummy Chinese dish! It was a huge hit!  The kids gobbled it up!


I don't talk about my religion very often because it is so special to me and because I know that religion is such a personal thing; however, many many years ago, I met a little girl who was all excited to be my friend.  She was religious and excited to share her message of Jesus Christ and then she asked me if I went to church and I told her that I did.  She then asked me what religion I was and I told her that I belonged to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints or known to most people the Mormons.  She then told me she couldn't be my friend.  I asked why and she told me because I didn't believe in Jesus.  I told her that wasn't true, but there was no convincing her because whether it be her family or her church they had convinced her that Mormons were not Christians.  So since that day, I have always been a little cautious about sharing with people that "Yes, I am a Mormon."  We believe in the Father, the son, and the Holy Ghost.  I love going to church each Sunday and being spiritually feed.  This weekend is a special weekend in our church as we have a conference where the leaders from our church gather together and talk to us on various subject from out the scriptures like the importance of keeping the Sabbath day holy, grief and where to turn in times of trouble, addictions, and so forth.  When I was younger, my mother would drop me off at the church (she wasn't a member at the time)  and I would watch the conference via satellite from Salt Lake City.  Today, I made cinnamon rolls and my family and I snuggled on the couch and watched the conference via the Internet.  It is so cool because the conference can be watched all over the world and in 70 languages.  So, if you aren't religious that is OK or if you are of another faith that is OK too, but I don't want to be scared anymore in sharing what is so important to me and my family.  



If you would like to see what it is all about you can follow this link and select any talk.  I promise you won't regret it!

How did you spend your Sunday?


Comments

Your Chinese dish looks delicious! I think we will have to have some this week.
Ally
Anonymous said…
We love Sundays and Chinese food at our house too! So glad I found your site via Simple As That.
Francesca said…
glad to know that you have a church (near you) where your spiritual needs are met!
Nancy said…
Great thing about living in this day and age -- whatever brings you fulfillment and joy is perfectly wonderful -- we can all be friends, regardless of our spiritual callings. xo
Nina said…
A delicious dish ... I prepared chinese nuudles with chicken today :) I'm happy you've found a fellowship - I Wonder why we people sometimes are so careful / avoiding towards the things we do not know so well - that may have been the case with the friend you mentioned.
Although I am not Mormon, I have to say the church has been really great for the expats here who are. It has pulled people together and created instant community for those who move here from all over the world.
Shauna said…
I'm alwways so surprised when I hear things like this. I can't believe it actually, it's so far from the truth it's crazy. We belong to the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints. That's okay. What matters is that you are a lovely person and no doubt you were lovely to her too.

Love the food and and the last post. Your daughter has a head of hair to die for as do you. Conference was profound, prophetic and so inspiring, I love our church it's such a gem. Love to you,

Shauna xoxoxoo
Unknown said…
The more of us who share, the more people will understand what we're about! :)

Popular Posts