Baked Haddock


Three years ago, when I was visiting my cousin Jane she made baked Haddock.  Haddock is a white flakey fish very mild in flavor.  So so yummy!  I have dreamed about this recipe since that day, but would always forget to ask her for the recipe.  On this trip to Boston, we stayed with Jane and the first thing I did when I saw her was to beg her to please make the dish again.  It really is so simple.  It really is hard to give you amounts because that would depend on the number of pieces of fish you were going to cook, but the recipe goes something like this: lay filets in a baking dish, pour melted butter over filets, then top with bread crumbs, then put a scant amount of milk in the bottom of pan-just enough to make a thin layer on the bottom of pan, then bake for 20 minutes uncovered for at 350 degrees.  Don't know what to make for dinner then try this if you like fish.  A great way to introduce fish to your children too since the fish is so mild in flavor that they would hardly know it was fish if you didn't tell them.  Enjoy!!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks so good! I will have to remember this recipe to make for my boys. I love giving the little ones fish for the good fatty acids.
Shauna said…
Thanks for the recipe. It looks great. I love the last post too, that last picture is classic!!!! Love to you!

Shauna xo
Thanks for the recipe - looks yummy and so easy and bonus for me - I can find all the ingredients in France!!
Alla said…
delicious, loooove haddock.

Popular Posts