The Solution

This is my solution to all the chaos going around me. Are pregnant woman allowed to use the pregnancy card in order to get out of doing things? I spent the whole day yesterday scrubbing scuff marks off doors, walls, and stairs. Today, I must finish up packing, make a run to Home Depot to buy a light kit for the ceiling fan, finish scrubbing scuff marks, touch up paint along trim work in-house, and then run to our new house to select blinds. I wish I could be the Samantha from Bewitched and just wiggle my nose and have it all done. Until that day though, I think I will just enjoy the strawberry cake my husband's mother has made. Hope you are having a less stressful day!

Here is the recipe for the cake portion of dessert.
100 grams of butter
75 grams of sugar
1 packet of vanilla sugar
1 pinch of salt
2 eggs
150 grams of flour
2 Teaspoons of baking powder
5 Tablespoons of Milk

Grease a large cake man with butter and dust with flour or use parchment paper to keep the cake from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Then in a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together. Slowly add each egg and then add salt, baking powder, and flour. Then add milk. I don't know why the milk is added last, but that is how it is done. Bake for 20 -25 minutes till golden brown at 350 degrees. With a stick make sure the cake is finished in the center. Allow to cool and remove from pan. Then add fresh fruit and the gelatin over top. Our grocery store carries the gelatin near the strawberries, but you can also find it in whole foods in the German section in a packet along with the vanilla sugar. Can't find the gelatin mixture don't worry just make sure you eat the cake the first day. Enjoy!

Comments

Maddy said…
Oh my goodness! You had me at strawberries! Anything with strawberries works for me :)
Ayak said…
Yes...use the pregnancy card! Moving house is stressful enough...let others do most of it! My pregnant daughter recently moved house and had to be almost bullied by everyone in order to stop her overdoing things. She gave in and was glad she did.
I say, absolutely use the pregnancy card. For all that your body goes through for 9 months... you've earned it!

Oh and the strawberries... they look absolutely delicious!
Francesca said…
Hope the strawberries fortified you! :) Take it easy!
;) said…
Pregnant woman and strawberries! What a nice story!!! and recipe!!
Carrie said…
Oh that looks divine! I moved during each of my pregnancies--so I can relate! But just think...light at the end of the tunnel;)
jane said…
yum! that looks delicious. and yes, i think it´s ok to use the pregnancy card. the window is only open for a few short months. ;)
hope all is well kelleyn!
Unknown said…
I am in a dessert mood, and this look perfect!
Hahahaha. I love that this post is called The Solution :-)
cate said…
YUUUUM! and of course pregnant women are allowed to get out of things... please! and eat lots of cake, too.

Popular Posts