September Loves and simple skin care


As you might know, I am leaving for Italy today. I want my skin to look fantastic, but I didn't have the money to go to the spa. Skincare doesn't have to be expensive and can come from things you already have in your kitchen. All I do to keep my face looking fresh and healthy is wash with a simple soap like dove. Then before I go to bed I put on a moisturizer. I use Olay. Currently, I am using the 14-day intervention Regenerist program and I love how my skin is looking. Have you ever tried a mask? Try making one from a 1/4 cup plain yogurt, 1 tablespoon of honey (mine had lavender in it which was an extra bonus, and a 1/2 banana. The yogurt will exfoliate your skin while the banana with add vitamins and the honey moisture. So simple and no harsh chemicals, and it only cost me pennies. My new love and BFF is my flat iron by Bellezza. I almost cried when I saw what it could do. Seriously. I have totally crazy hair that on most days even after I did it would look like I stuck my finger in the electric socket. It can take my hair from curly to silky smooth in minutes. No joke! It is pricey, but it is going to be worth every penny because now I will no longer have to go to the hair salon and get my hair straightened. Well, I am off. See you as soon as I have an Internet connection!

Comments

Company EIGHT said…
I would totally try that mask, but I know the banana would make me sick. :) Think I could leave it out?

I'm so glad you found such a fantastic flat iron! YAY!
jane said…
oh i will definitely try this. i actually wash my face with organic honey. try it and tell me what you think. have a great time! can´t wait to see all your pictures.
p.s. really? belazza works? you are talking to someone with witch hair. you have given me new hope:)...
Love the "mask" idea!

I've given up on trying to keep straight hair; this summer I finally gave in and am going curly.

Have a wonderful time in Italy; can't wait to hear all about it!
Francesca said…
I feel bad that I am in Italy, and my skin doesn't look fantastic at all. Today is Sunday, a good day to spend a long time in the bathroom with yogurt and honey - no bananas in the house, only peaches:)
Enjoy your time in Italy!
la ninja said…
hey, I'll try that concoction. ta.

I had been quickly browsing down your pics and had noticed the hair, now I know why. it looks very very stylish, missy. what it also looks like is that you had a blast in italy :)

Popular Posts