Washington D.C.

This first photo sums up our summer. We have been busy. On our way home from Massachusetts, we stopped for the afternoon in Washington D.C. to show grandpa the sights. D.C. is one of those cities that you can never get tired of and no matter how many times you go there. It is kind of hard to describe the feeling I have when going there. Maybe pride that I live in such a great country where we can be free to choose for good and for bad, but at least we have the choice. Roman had fun walking around the Potomac until he threw one of his Crocs in the river. Ugh! It was nice to get out and stretch our legs before heading to the hotel.


Winston was zonked out after all the week's activities

The Jefferson Memorial


Jefferson himself


The new World War II Memorial


Grandpa


The Washington Monument

Comments

Washington DC is one of my favorite places to vist. I love the history and architecture. You can spend an entire week there and not see everything! ..so homesick!

Oh... and do I see a BYU t-shirt on? :)
I have never been there and TOTALLY need to! It's great that your boys are getting to see those things at such a young age. I would love to go there and feel the patriotism! We're going to celebrate the 4th in Switzerland though!

Popular Posts