Irish Soda Bread

It has been raining the last couple days here in Atlanta. I feel a little guilty because I know the state has been in a drought for the last two year, but "come on" I am sick of rain. It rained all summer in Switzerland and we had an early fall. Chilly weather lends itself to cuddling up under a blanket and reading a good book or watching a great movie. Today I made Irish Soda Bread and a cup of raspberry herbal tea. Yum! I found this recipe the other day and it is the best. The dough is light and flaky and reminds me more of a scone. Chewing is almost not necessary because the bread is so tender. If you do not know what a scone is than you are missing out. The Irish have always been famous for their poets, music, and gorgeous sweaters, but not their cooking; however, I think this recipe has changed my opinion on their cooking skills. 

Comments

Popular Posts