What is for Dinner Wenesday!

This soup was a hit with my family except for one member who complained that there were carrots in it. I do not know why he would complain since he loves carrots with dip, but then again I do not understand children and their picky eating habits. One thing is to be said is that more is not always good. I thought that adding more pasta would only make it even tastier. Wrong! The extra noodles soaked up all the broth. Also, if you do not have a beef bullion cube you can replace the water with 4 cups of beef broth.
Hamburger Soup
1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained/ you can also use ground Chicken or Turkey meat
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon basil
1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix
4 cups hot water
1- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon beef bullion
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 cup diced celery
1 cup sliced carrots
1 cup macaroni
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Mix everything but the macaroni and Parmesan cheese in a medium size pan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the macaroni and simmer an additional 15 minutes or until the vegetables and pasta are tender. Serve with a sprinkle of cheese and a slice of homemade bread. I know I am always looking for new recipes that my family will love. I hope your family enjoys it as much as we did. I think it was the first soup my husband actually begged to take to work.

Comments

Company EIGHT said…
yum!!! this is one i'll have to try!

Popular Posts